Fitness & Specialty Class Descriptions
Age 16+. 45 min.
A style of high intensity interval training. This is the ultimate cardio and strength workout for participants registered in the 6-week-boot-camp program.
Zoom Option Available!
Men, this training is just for you. We include exercises that strengthen the abs, lower back, and hips. We'll also add lots of stretching and balance work to round out your workout. A strong core leads to improvement in all sports and activities such as golf, tennis, and running.
Zoom Option Available!
A full-body toning experience with additional focus on the core muscles. A core workout combined with simple cardio combinations choreographed to music.
Zoom Option Available!
Focus on total body muscular strength and conditioning combined with cardio intervals. Come prepared for a challenge.
Zoom Option Available!
We currently offer two Yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings!
- 8:30-9:30 am- Yoga: Suitable for all levels. Learn basic postures and breathing techniques while enhancing physical and mental wellness.
- 10-11 am- Silver Sneakers Yoga: Designed for, but not limited to, seniors ages 65+. A complete series of seated and standing yoga poses, with or without chair support. Restorative breathing and relaxation to promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
Thursday's 6:30 -7:30 in the Multi-Purpose Room
FREE for YMCA members/ $3 for guests
What is a Zumba fitness class like? It's a very exciting dance party atmosphere full of Latin and international music. You'll forget you're working out with the sexy but simple moves to dance music like Cha Cha, Salsa, reggaeton, rumba and more. Best of all, you don't need any previous dance experience! It's fun and effective, using interval training combining fast and slow rhythms for an effective aerobic workout while at the same time targeting your legs, abs, glutes and arms. The workout is watch and follow. The moves are repeated often enough for you to catch on and they're not complicated. The routines are repeated week after week with additions every now and then to spice things up even more!
Come join us for a heart pumping, foot tapping, sweat dripping good time!
Class meets Tuesday/ Thursday 5:30pm - 6:30pm
FREE TO Y MEMBERS/ $3 for guests
A high-intensity class that emphasizes strength and endurance using resistance training. Aqua dumbbells, kick-boards, and pool noodles are used to improve aerobic capacity, core strength, and muscle tone.
The density of the water offers better resistance than air which helps to strengthen your specific areas of focus. Don't knock it till you try it! Implementing cardio and strength training Aqua Power is an amazing work out!
Activate your aqua urge for variety! Silver Splash offers LOTS of fun and shallow water moves to improve agility, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability is required, and special Silver Sneakers kickboard is used to develop strength, balance and coordination. Easy on the joints, great for the soul!
This class will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
Classic offers a variety of exercises designed to increase muscle strength, range of motion, and activities for daily living. This class is suitable for all skill levels.
Pickle ball is a paddle ball sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis.
Now is YOUR chance to learn this Fun game!!
Open Play times
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 5:30a - 10:00a | 12:30a - 3:00p
Tuesday & Thursday 5:30a - 8:00a | 10:30a - 1:00p
Saturday 7:00a - 9:00a
West Coast Swing Dance. One new movement taught each class. Singles and Couples welcome!
Try out any of our classes whether or not you're a member for an $8 drop in fee*
Can't decide? Purchase a FLEX PASS: 12-Class Pass good for any class of your choice for $72*
Not ready to take classes in person- You may still participate via ZOOM!! Look for Z in the schedule!
Stop by the front desk to register!
*Some exceptions or limitations apply
2020 Session Dates:
Sessions are Six Weeks unless noted.
- January 6th
- February 17th
- *No Classes due to Quarantine
- June 22nd
- *No Classes August 3rd - August 7th due to the First Week of School*
- August 10th
- September 21st
- *No Classes October 5th - October 9th due to Fall Break*
- November 9th *No Pilates*
- *No Classes December 21st - January 3rd*
The YMCA is an official site for the Silver Sneakers Fitness Program
SilverSneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps senior adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events.
Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers. Health plans around the country offer our award-winning program to people who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees. SilverSneakers provides a fitness center membership to any participating location across the country.
This great benefit includes:
- Access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- Customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Program AdvisorSM at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and help you get started
- Member-only access to online support that can help you lose weight, quit smoking or reduce your stress
- SilverSneakers Steps for members without convenient access to a location. Please call 1-888-423-4632 (TTY: 711) to find out if your health plan offers SilverSneakers Steps
Private Swim Lessons
1 x 30 min lesson: $18 members/ $24 non-members
2 x 30 min lessons: $32 members ($16 each)/ $45 non-members ($22.50 each)
8 x 30 min lessons: $120 members ($15 each)/ $160 non-members ($20 each)
16 x 30 min lessons: $220 members ($13.75 each)/ $280 non-members ($17.50 each)
24 x 30 min lessons: $300 members ($12.50 each)/ $384 non-member ($16 each)
*Lessons are for individual (one on one) work only – no groups*
**Packages may be shared with other family members**
***Client will be contacted by an instructor once they register to set up times***
Certified Personal Trainers are available here at the YMCA for individualized programs to maximize your overall health and physical fitness. Personal Trainers have the skills and abilities to assess your current fitness level, and to customize a plan to help you meet your personal health goals.
- 1 hour - $30 members / $40 guests
- 4 hours - $120 members / $150 guests
- 8 hours - $210 members / $260 guests
- 12 hours - $300 members / $380 guests
- 1 hour - $50 members / $70 guests
- 4 hours - $200 members / $250 guests
- 8 hours - $350 members / $430 guests
- 12 hours - $500 members / $630 guests
Fitness Staff/Personal Trainers
- DeAnne Weaver
- Nick Harding
FREE Intro to Dance Lessons
Part tennis, part ping-pong and part badminton — Pickleball is now one of the fastest growing sports in the county.
Come play at the Y!
- Daily 5:30am-9am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday · 12pm to 3pm
- Saturday 7am -9am
- Free to members / Guests $3
- Equipment available to check out at the front desk