Fitness & Specialty Class Descriptions
2019 Session Dates:
- January 7
- February 11
- No Classes Spring Break Week 3/18-22
- April 1
- May 13
- June 24
- No Classes Week of 8/5-11
- August 12
- September 23
- November 11
Tabata- A style of high intensity interval training. This is the ultimate cardio and strength workout for participants registered in the 8-week-boot-camp program. Age 16+. 45 min.
Cycling- An indoor cycling class sure to leave you breathless! We'll get your blood pumping with hills, sprints, and fast flat roads, all set to music from every genre. This class is challenging, but suitable for most exercisers. 60 min
Men's Core Conditioning- Men, this training is just for you. We include exercises that strengthen the abs, lower back, and hips. We'll also add lots of stretching and balance work to round out your workout. A strong core leads to improvement in all sports and activities such as golf, tennis, and running. 45 min
Cardio Core -A core workout combined with simple cardio combinations choreographed to music. 45 min
Yoga- Suitable for all levels, learn the basic postures and breathing techniques while enhancing both your physical and mental awareness. 60 min
Pilates - Strengthens core and postural muscles through focused and controlled exercises that create long,lean and flexible muscles. 60 min
Aqua Classes- If you are looking for an alternative style of Cardio, look to the pool. There are several ways to exercise in the water that provide a good cardiovascular workout. Plus, the water is easy on the joints. You carry only half of your weight in the water. Water aerobics is a fantastic way to work your muscles and have fun at the same time. In order to obtain a high impact workout in the water, you can stay at the shallow end and add a little bounce to your steps. If you want resistance work, then stay at the deep end of the pool.AQUA POWER is a standard water aerobics class with less impact. AQUA FIT is a typical water aerobics class with more impact and some lap swimming.Water workouts are ideal for anyone who is recovering from an injury, pregnant women, and people with arthritis.
INTENSE AQUA is a high-intensity class that emphasizes strength and endurance using resistance training. Aqua dumbbells, kick-boards, and pool noodles are used to improve aerobic capacity, core strength, and muscle tone, 60 min FREE TO Y MEMBERS
Total Body Conditioning- Focus on total body muscular strength and conditioning combined with cardio intervals. Come prepared for a challenge. 60 min
Zumba-What is a Zumba fitness class like? It's a very exciting dance party atmosphere full of Latin and international music. You'll forget you're working out with the sexy but simple moves to dance music like Cha Cha, Salsa, reggaeton, rumba and more. Best of all, you don't need any previous dance experience! It's fun and effective, using interval training combining fast and slow rhythms for an effective aerobic workout while at the same time targeting your legs, abs, glutes and arms. The workout is watch and follow. The moves are repeated often enough for you to catch on and they're not complicated. The routines are repeated week after week with additions every now and then to spice things up even more! FREE TO Y MEMBERS
Tai Chi with Marc- This ancient Chinese martial art helps to improve balance and strengthen both the body and mind through slow graceful movements. 60 min
Tai Chi for joint pain with Sarah- This Sun style was adapted by Dr. Paul Lam for joint pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis . Traditional slow movements with a higher stance- easy on hips & knees . Mental focus on balance and inner peace. 60 min
Silver Splash- Activate your aqua urge for variety! Silver Splash offers LOTS of fun and shallow water moves to improve agility, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability is required, and special Silver Sneakers kickboard is used to develop strength, balance and coordination.
Silver Yoga- This class will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity. 45 min
Silver Sneakers Classic- Classic offers a variety of exercises designed to increase muscle strength, range of motion, and activities for daily living. This class is suitable for all skill levels. 60 min
Kickboxing- A high-energy workout that combines martial arts and cardio rhythm to burn fat, tone muscle, and increase coordination and flexibility. 45 min
OULA DANCE FITNESS- This dance style class will fuse strength and well-being for your body & mind. workouts will sculpt your body, relieve stress, and provide a space for self-expression. OULA it isn’t about how you look, its about how you feel!. 45 min FREE TO Y MEMBERS
The YMCA is an official site for the Silver Sneakers Fitness Program
SilverSneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps senior adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events.
Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers. Health plans around the country offer our award-winning program to people who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees. SilverSneakers provides a fitness center membership to any participating location across the country.
This great benefit includes:
- Access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- Customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Program AdvisorSM at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and help you get started
- Member-only access to online support that can help you lose weight, quit smoking or reduce your stress
- SilverSneakers Steps for members without convenient access to a location. Please call 1-888-423-4632 (TTY: 711) to find out if your health plan offers SilverSneakers Steps
Come join us for a heart pumping, foot tapping, sweat dripping good time!
Monday's & Wednesday's 6:30 -7:30 in the Multi-Purpose Room
FREE for YMCA members!
We currently offer two Yoga classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings!
- 8:30-9:30 am- Yoga: Suitable for all levels. Learn basic postures and breathing techniques while enhancing physical and mental wellness.
- 10-11 am- Silver Sneakers Yoga: Designed for, but not limited to, seniors ages 65+. A complete series of seated and standing yoga poses, with or without chair support. Restorative breathing and relaxation to promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
Certified Personal Trainers are available here at the YMCA for individualized programs to maximize your overall health and physical fitness. Personal Trainers have the skills and abilities to assess your current fitness level, and to customize a plan to help you meet your personal health goals.
- 1 hour - $30 members / $40 guests
- 4 hours - $120 members / $150 guests
- 8 hours - $210 members / $260 guests
- 12 hours - $300 members / $380 guests
Note: 1/2 hour sessions will be $18 per session
- 1 hour - $50 members / $70 guests
- 4 hours - $200 members / $250 guests
- 8 hours - $350 members / $430 guests
- 12 hours - $500 members / $630 guests
Fitness Staff/Personal Trainers
- DeAnne Weaver
A Better You! Higher Intensity. Shorter Duration. Powerful Results.
8-week program featuring two classes a day three times per week with a certified Tabata trainer, daily tips, at-home workouts, nutrition information, online support, and pre-, mid-, and post-evaluations. For ages 16+. Class size is limited; reserve your spot NOW! Tabata is not available for use with the Flex pass or as a drop-in fee.
- New Participants: Members: $225*/Non-members: $250*
- Returning Participants: Members: $175/Non-members: $200
- There is an additional $10 fee to register for the Tabata bootcamp website.
Part tennis, part ping-pong and part badminton — Pickleball is now one of the fastest growing sports in the county.
Come play at the Y!
- Daily 5:30am-9am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday · 12pm to 3pm
- Saturday 7am -9am
- Free to members / Guests $3
- Equipment available to check out at the front desk
Want to learn how to Play?
We now have class & clinics.