Fitness & Specialty Class Descriptions
The density of the water offers better resistance than air which helps to strengthen your specific areas of focus. Don't knock it till you try it! Implementing cardio and strength training Aqua Power is an amazing work out!
A full-body toning experience with additional focus on the core muscles. A core workout combined with simple cardio combinations choreographed to music.
Class meets Tuesday/ Thursday 5:30pm - 6:30pm
FREE TO Y MEMBERS/ $3 for guests
A high-intensity class that emphasizes strength and endurance using resistance training. Aqua dumbbells, kick-boards, and pool noodles are used to improve aerobic capacity, core strength, and muscle tone.
Men, this training is just for you. We include exercises that strengthen the abs, lower back, and hips. We'll also add lots of stretching and balance work to round out your workout. A strong core leads to improvement in all sports and activities such as golf, tennis, and running.
Zoom Option Available!
Pickle ball is a paddle ball sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis.
Now is YOUR chance to learn this Fun game!!
Open Play times
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 5:30a - 10:00a | 12:30a - 3:00p
Tuesday & Thursday 5:30a - 8:00a | 10:30a - 1:00p
Friday (Beginner) 3:00p - 5p
Saturday 7:00a - 9:00a
Classic offers a variety of exercises designed to increase muscle strength, range of motion, and activities for daily living. This class is suitable for all skill levels.
Introduces students to four components of yoga: postures, sequences, terminology, breathing practices, deep relaxation, and meditation.
Benefits of Intro to Yoga: Helps transform lifestyles on many different levels.
This class will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
- 10-11 am- Silver Sneakers Yoga: Designed for, but not limited to, seniors ages 65+. A complete series of seated and standing yoga poses, with or without chair support. Restorative breathing and relaxation to promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
Get fit with H.I.I.T./TABATA!
Research shows that short bursts of high intensity exercise
is the most efficient and effective way to get fit and improve your health.
Options for all abilities!
Focus on total body muscular strength and conditioning combined with cardio intervals. Come prepared for a challenge.
We currently offer 3 Yoga classes on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings!
- 8:30-9:30 am- Tuesday and Thursday- Yoga: Suitable for all levels. Learn basic postures and breathing techniques while enhancing physical and mental wellness.
- 11am-12pm- Friday Yoga: Suitable for all levels. Learn basic postures and breathing techniques while enhancing physical and mental wellness.
Water Yoga is a gentle form of yoga practiced in the water making yoga accessible to those who do not find the practice suitable on land. It is gentle on the muscles and joints.
Benefits of Water Yoga: Low impact to the body; helps develop strength, static balance, and increase in range of motion. The water environment allows a release from gravity which in return allows optimum stretching while simultaneously relieving body tension.
Please join us virtually! Select classes are offered via Zoom! Look for the "Z" on the group session schedule!
SESSION 2: Feb 13 - Apr 1, 2023
Register at the YMCA Welcome Desk!
Try out any of our classes whether or not you're a member for an $8 drop in fee*
Can't decide? Purchase a FLEX PASS: 12-Class Pass good for any class of your choice for $72*
*Some exceptions or limitations apply
2023 Session Dates
Session 1: January 2 – February 11
Session 2: February 13 – April 1
*No classes Spring Break March 13-17*
Session 3: April 3 – May 13
Session 4:May 15 – June 24
Session 5: June 26 – Aug 5
*No classes first week of school Aug 8 – Aug 11*
Session 6: Aug 14-Sept 23
Session 7: Sept 25 – Nov 11
*No classes Fall Break Oct 9 – Oct 13*
Session 8 : Nov 13 – Dec 16
Session 8 is a 5 week session
No classes Winter Break Dec 18 – Jan 1
The YMCA is an official site for the Silver Sneakers Fitness Program
SilverSneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps senior adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events.
Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers. Health plans around the country offer our award-winning program to people who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees. SilverSneakers provides a fitness center membership to any participating location across the country.
This great benefit includes:
- Access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- Customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Program AdvisorSM at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and help you get started
- Member-only access to online support that can help you lose weight, quit smoking or reduce your stress
- SilverSneakers Steps for members without convenient access to a location. Please call 1-888-423-4632 (TTY: 711) to find out if your health plan offers SilverSneakers Steps
Private Swim Lessons
30 min up to 1 hour sessions
Members starting at $30.00 up to $190.00*
Non-members starting at $40.00 up to $255.00*
*Please call the Y frontdesk for more details.
- Lessons are for individual (one on one) work only – no groups.
- Patron(s) will be contacted by an instructor once they register to set up times.
Certified Personal Trainers are available here at the YMCA for individualized programs to maximize your overall health and physical fitness. Personal Trainers have the skills and abilities to assess your current fitness level, and to customize a plan to help you meet your personal health goals.
- 1 hour - $35 members / $45 guests
- 4 hours - $125 members / $155 guests
- 8 hours - $215 members / $265 guests
- 12 hours - $305 members / $385 guests
- 1 hour - $55 members / $75 guests
- 4 hours - $205 members / $255 guests
- 8 hours - $355 members / $435 guests
- 12 hours - $505 members / $635 guests
Fitness Staff/Personal Trainers
- Keith Maze