Access Brown County
Access Brown County provides low-cost public transportation to Brown County residents. All of our vehicles are wheelchair accessible and operates by appointment Monday – Friday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. Any resident may request a ride, children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult. Children age 5 and older may ride alone with a signed Parental Consent Form.
- Access Brown County is now a curb-to-curb service
- Ride requests must be made a a minimum of 24 hours in advance and as far out as 3 months
- Cost is $5 one way in county, $7.50 one way out of county
- Residents age 60 and over ride for FREE
- Donations are accepted
- A 24 hour cancellation notice is requested
How to Request a Ride
Call Dispatch at 812-988-0185 and have the following information ready:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Number of passengers being picked up
- Time of appointment
- Name and address of destination
- Estimated finish time
- If you use a mobility device
- Dimensions of your wheelchair if used
Dispatch hours are 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday 812-988-0185. In case of emergency, please call 812-988-9622.
Special conditions may apply
If there are no openings for the time you request, you may be offered an alternate time as close as possible to the time requested. Please make your request as early as possible to improve your chance of getting a ride when you need one. An answering machine is available for requests made outside of office hours.
funded in part by Access Johnson County